Extreme as usual . . . close enough to December to share out my best alcoholic #eggnog recipe again RT this blog.aukihenry.com/2011/08/ultima…
— Auki Henry (@aukiman) September 30, 2012
|Alcoholic Eggnog, the best kind. |
Auki's ultimate alcoholic eggnog.
I have received so many requests to use this recipe in writeups around the place that I am just going to write a standard disclaimer that anyone is free to publish this in any medium if they just link back to aukihenry.com
Ultimate Alcoholic Eggnog Recipe
This recipe has been an annual thing for me for over a decade now. It is the product of a few experimentation sessions and a love for all things festive. It packs a wicked punch and tastes creamy and indulgent. Ideal to get in to the holiday spirit (pun fully intended).
Beware - this eggnog is basically a very strong alcoholic cocktail mix. Please be mindful and drink responsibly, it goes down very easily.
Auki Henry's Ultimate Alcoholic Eggnog
( Approx 16 serves )
- 8 large eggs
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup white rum
- 3 cups full cream milk
- 3 cups whisky
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 2 tablespoons sherry
- 2 cups heavy cream
- Fresh ground nutmeg to taste
- Separate the egg yolks from the whites and place into separate bowls.
- Beat egg yolks with 1/2cup of the sugar, set aside.
- Heat milk till it is just boiling then remove from heat, immediately add the yolk/sugar mix and whisk vigorously (this will let it cook slightly).
- Set this mixture aside and let it cool thoroughly.
- Beat egg-whites until stiff, then mix in other 1/2 cup of the sugar.
- Pour the cooled yolk mixture into the whites and mix together thoroughly.
- Stir in white rum slowly
- Stir in whiskey slowly
- Stir in brandy and sherry slowly
- Stir in cream slowly